The mission of Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children is to demonstrate God’s love by providing hope through empowering children and their families to follow Christ.
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat, Aug 7 | 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM | Embassy Suites, Norman
Join us on Saturday, August 7, for the OKC/Boys Ranch Town Back-to-School Dinner Event for a silent and a live auction, meal, the opportunity to see the children of each campus display their new clothes on the runway and meet them afterwards.
$20 dinner tickets may be purchased individually or reserved tables for (10) through the Church Office, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Thursday after July 11, and will be available in the Foyer Sunday mornings on July 25 and August 1.
At this Dinner Event, men and women will be able to participate in the silent auction beginning at 4:00 PM, enjoy a fabulous meal at 5:30 PM and be entertained by witty emcee, Ed Murray, as we watch awesome children beam with excitement, modeling their favorite outfit for school or church.
Every year in August, Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children (OBHC) hosts three annual Style Show Dinner Events across the state. The purpose of these Style Shows is to create awareness and support for children in the care of OBHC as they go back to school. With the money raised, a special fund is set up to provide the yearly clothing and other basic needs for their campuses. This event creates revenue through individual sponsorships, business sponsorships, reserved tables, and group fundraising through our paper and online goal sheets program
* Purchase a $20 Dinner Event ticket through the Church Office after July 11 or in Edmond's First Main Foyer on Sunday mornings, July 25 and August 1. The Church Office is open Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, at 405-341-0253.
* Begin an “Outfit A Child” paper or online fundraising goal sheet through your Connection Group. Online fundraising may be set up at the OUTFIT A CHILD web page.
* Become a sponsor. Questions? Contact Shonda, 405-735-8343. Deadline for event program acknowledgment is July 14, 2021. DOWNLOAD a sponsor form
* Participate in the silent auction at the Dinner Event. Doors open at 4:00 PM.
* Participate in the online silent auction beginning at noon on Thursday, August 5 and ends the night of the event, Saturday, August 7, at 6:30 PM. Follow the Dinner Event link below for updates.
For more information, follow the OBHC event page
The Outfit a Child campaign is a virtual fundraising initiative for the Back-to-School Style Show. This campaign, also known as the paper doll goal sheet program, allows people to register as individuals or teams and virtually fund raise in their own way while still helping impact the lives of children and families in the care of Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children.OUTFIT A CHILD
OBHC is the largest provider of private, not-for-profit, residential childcare in the state. We are an affiliate of the Oklahoma Baptists and is funded through the generosity of individuals, businesses as well as gifts from Southern Baptist churches through offerings and the Cooperative Program.
OBHC serves more than 200 at-risk children and families on four campus locations across the state. OBHC provides not only for their physical needs, but also their emotional, educational and spiritual needs. Each campus provides unique opportunities, programs and services. Campuses include:
* Boys Ranch Town: Edmond
* Baptist Children’s Home: Owasso
* Baptist Children’s Home: Oklahoma City
* Baptist Home for Girls: Madill
Directly supported by Edmond’s First, Boys Ranch Town serves boys between the ages of 7 and 18. This campus is a full working ranch where boys have the opportunity to learn horseback riding and caring for livestock, among a variety of recreational and educational programs. Children live in a safe, family-style environment with other children and married, Christian house parents.