Welcome Weekend 2014
Friday, August 15 - Sunday, August 17
WELCOME WEEKEND beginning on Friday, August 15, is a great time of fellowship and fun. As the new school year approaches, we see a lot of new faces around the Student Ministry and see a lot of friends returning from family vacations so we have designed Welcome Weekend to bring us together as we kick off each new school year. It’s a great time where we intentionally plan to do something together every night that is fun and exciting. Don’t miss out on a great time of hanging out with friends and connecting to the church! We welcome all 7th thru 12th grade students to be a part of each day.
Welcome Weekend T-Shirts are $12 each. Contact Amy Blankenship, 405-706-7343, or sign up on the events board in the Student Life Center.
Friday, August 15
- Cookout at the Mefford's house. Dinner, swimming, games, and border patrol.
- Students who are planning on swimming need to wear a dark colored shirt.
- Students planning on playing border patrol need to remember to bring a flashlight. Border patrol is a big game of hide and go seek that is played with two large teams.
- We will meet at the church at 6:00 PM and be back at 11:30 PM.
- This is a great time for students to connect or reconnect after a busy summer, so come join us for this FREE cookout and bring your friends. You are also more than welcome to meet us out at the Mefford's house instead of riding the church van.
- The address is:7421 E Coffee Creek
Saturday, August 16
- University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) Ropes Course and Pizza.
- The cost to participate is $15 and that includes team building on low ropes and high ropes elements and pizza afterwards. As a student ministry it is important to learn how to work together as the body of Christ and this is an exciting way to learn how to work together as a team and enjoy a Saturday afternoon.
- Students will meet at the church at 1:00 PM and we will return at 7:00 PM.
- Map to UCO Ropes Course
Sunday, August 17
- Worship, Connection Groups, Pelican Bay, and 7th grade lunch and Zoo Mania experience.
- EFBC's Worship Service begins at 9:30 AM in the Worship Center followed by Connection Groups (Sunday School) at 11:00 AM.
- After Connection Groups, 7th grade will be introduced to the Student Ministry and other students through a lunch at 12:30 PM and a trip to the Oklahoma City Zoo for Zoo Mania. 7th grade will be back at church at 6:00 PM.
- All students are invited to join us at Pelican Bay for an awesome night of swimming and hanging out from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. There will not be transportation provided for this event so plan on meeting us at Pelican Bay located in Edmond at 1034 S Bryant, 73034.