"Seams Like Love"
Can you thread a needle? Do you like to sort fabric and piece together items that can be used in ministry? Then join other ladies of EFBC each month in the EFBC Library as we fellowship together while using the simple talent of sewing fabric for use in ministry with boys, girls, and their families from across the state. Bring a sack lunch and enjoy our time together.
Beginners are welcome! We can teach you what you need to know! If you can't sew or don't wish to sew, you can still participate in the ministry by donating fabric you may have on hand.
Contact ArVel White
Take Home Projects
The Sewing Ministry also has "kits" of pillowcases, dresses, bags and heart pillows so that anyone who is interested and can't come to the church to sew can take them home and work on them at their leisure. Anita Smith or ArVel White would be delighted to give you a lesson in any project and they are all super easy and fun!
Sewing Ministry Projects
All of these projects have been completed in just a few months that we have been meeting and all with donated fabric!
- The Sewing Ministry has contributed over 225 pillowcases for kids with cancer to the Oklahoma Children's hospital and have given quite a few to our own members who are ill, adults and kids alike. Each pillowcase contains a scripture and info about EFBC.
- We have made over 200 Positive Bags for the Hope Pregnancy Center to be given to girls who find out they are pregnant to encourage them to keep the babies and to take prenatal classes.
- We have given several baby quilts and blankets to the Hope Pregnancy Center for the Baby Boutique.
- We have made around 70 pillowcase dresses for "Dress a Girl Around the World" ministry which has as its goal to give every little girl at least one new dress. Over 50 cloth dolls were also made to be included in pockets of the dresses that were going to an orphanage in Guatemala.
- We have given out over a dozen heart pillows for women who have had breast cancer surgery.
- Provided pillow cases to Toby Keith's Kids' Korral so each child who stays there during treatment can receive a pillowcase in his/her welcome basket! What a great ministry. The Kids' Korral will be a place for families to stay while their children are being treated in hospitals or after release or between appointments at no cost to the families.