Operation Christmas Child 2018
What is Operation Christmas Child?
Operation Christmas Child is an initiative of SAMARITAN'S PURSE. As a church family, through our Connection Groups we hope to collect and pack 200 shoe boxes filled with gifts and the Good News of Jesus Christ by Sunday, October 21, to be delivered to children throughout the world.
How Can I Be Involved?
The most important way to help is to pray for this ministry, and then talk to your Connection Group about committing to provide 1, 2, or even 10 boxes as a group to this project.
You can get boxes from EFBC's Missions Office or purchase plastic shoe boxes (or use shoe boxes you have at home) and fill them with items on the list provided by Samaritan’s Purse.
* Besides donating filled shoe boxes, there is a cost associated with shipping these boxes and materials to over 100 countries around the world. Please collect $10 per box to be turned in through the EFBC's Missions Office (cash or check made payable to "EFBC").
What Can I Pack in a Shoe Box?
- Start with a quality “wow” item such as a stuffed animal, soccer ball with pump, or clothing outfit that will capture the child’s attention the instant he or she opens the box. Decide whether you will pack a box for a girl or a boy, and the age category: 2–4, 5–9, or 10–14.
Visit "Gift Suggestions", select an age group and gender, then see gift suggestions for each:
- Consider including: Comb, Hairbrush, Toothbrush, Washcloth, Bar soap (packaged and/or in a container), Adhesive bandages (Colorful ones can help a child be more willing to wear a bandage. Do not include liquid antibiotic ointment.)
- Small craft items: Pencils, Small manual pencil sharpener, Colored pencils, Crayons, Markers, Pens, Coloring books, Picture book, Notebooks
- Avoid specific items: candy; toothpaste; gum; used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; seeds; fruit rolls or other fruit snacks; drink mixes (powdered or liquid); liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
After packing your boxes be sure to label them!
- Place a post-it or note with age group and gender onto each box and EFBC will print an Operation Christmas Child label and affix to your boxes for you, or
- Download, print, cut out the labels below and affix to your boxes: