Project Christmas Hope 2018
Christmas is a time of celebration, yet many families in our community will not have a celebration or gift under the tree as they are struggling just to survive. You can be a part of the solution as your Connection Group adopts a family through Project Christmas Hope by providing the gifts that will make Christmas a season of Hope through your generosity.
Beginning Sunday, November 18, Project Christmas Hope will be in the Foyer where you can select a family either as a Connection Group or you may choose a family individually.
Contact the Church Office which is available Monday - Thursday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Fridays from 8:00 AM to noon at 405-341-0253, through the online contact form below, or Marilyn Jones, 405-641-3334.
Instructions and names will be given to those desiring to adopt a family in the Foyer as the family names are distributed. Contact us with any special circumstances that may involve families receiving assistance that are EFBC church members.
After choosing a family:
- Call the family to let them know you have elected to help them this Christmas.
- Visit with the family on the phone about the items listed. Be sure about sizes. REMEMBER you do not have to provide everything asked for.
- If they ask for shoes, it may be better to get a gift card from Academy or Payless Shoes and let them pick out their shoes.
- Work out a date and time to deliver the gifts. Ask if they want the gifts wrapped or unwrapped. If they wish to wrap the gifts themselves, ask if they need paper, bows, and tape to be provided.
- Invite the family to EFBC's Christmas events. You might also mail a note listing the date and times of the events.