"Look at the nations and watch and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."
- Habakkuk 1:5
Thirty-nine years ago, Friendship International Wives and Preschool Children’s Ministry was formed in Edmond so the needs of foreign-born wives and their children could be met in a loving, Christian atmosphere. We share God’s love as we teach 5 levels of English as a Second Language plus citizenship. Those already fluent in English are offered Bible, writing, and craft classes. We have shared the Gospel with women from over thirty different countries.
Friendship International is a ministry of women reaching out to women from around the world with Christ’s love. We have women from more than 30 countries, many of whom have never heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We meet once a week on Thursday mornings during the school year at Henderson Hills Baptist Church from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM. No passport is required.
- Childcare? free childcare is available for children whose mothers attend Friendship International classes for infants through 5 years.
- Costs? there is NO CHARGE for taking a class, but students do need to pay for their English books or materials for sewing, quilting, etc.
- Location? Henderson Hills Baptist Church is located at 1200 E Frontage Road, Edmond, OK 73034. The entrance to the church property is east of I-35, about ¼ mile, on the north side of 15th Street. You cannot see the building from the street because of all the trees. After you turn in, park near the largest building and enter through the two large glass doors near the Friendship International sign.
- 2016 - 2017 dates?
Questions? More Information?
For more information on Friendship International, call:
- Amanda Stulce, 405-206-7466
- Kay Fryer, 405-341-7235
- Edmond's First Baptist Church Office at 405-341-0253. The Church Office is available Monday - Thursday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM and Fridays from 8:00 AM to noon.
- Visit Edmond Friendship
What is Friendship International all about?
- making new friends
- improving conversational English
- developing creative skills
- learning about American Culture
- increasing world awareness